I don't know how to convert Kindle Ebbooks with Calibre, and I don't think it's
an allowed topic on this list, since it isn't legal in many countries.

In order to enable the command-line tools, you will need sighted help. The
calibre interface is not accessible with VO. You will have to go to
preferences, advanced, and then one more level, which I believe is plugins.

HtH,
Teresa

Visualize whirled peas.