I am assuming this comes down to the various ways that people carry out
tasks on the Mac.  I simply expand conversations with the right arrow and open
any message I want to read.  I use VO-j at times, but do not have problems with
it.  What Mavericks did fix is the use of the tab key.  This gets me between
the messages and other tables.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX 10.7 LION and 10.8 Mountain
Lion