Hi,

Yes, if the button reads as "Turn WiFi Off", then your WiFi is likely on,
although, that doesn't necessarily guarantee that you're connected to a
network.  Press VO-m-m to get to Menu Extras then VO right until you find the
WiFi status menu, VO-space on that and see if your network is showing up there.
 If it is, then press return on it and you should connect.  Now, this will only
reconnect you, but does not fix the issue that is happening when you restart
your Mini.  For that part, I suggest that you go into System Preferences in the
Network pane, ensure that WiFi is selected in the Interfaces table, and then go
down near the bottom of the pane and VO-space on the Advanced button.  Once in
the Advanced dialog, Interact with the Preferred Networks table and see where
your network is placed.  If it is not at the top of your list, then you should
remove the networks listed above it.  Normally, one drags these into the
desired order but that isn't always a VO friendly task.  What the MacOS does is
look from the top of the list through to the bottom and if it finds a matching
network, it will join it.  So, placing yours at the top of the list usually
solves many issues like you're having.

If this does not resolve your network dropping, let me know and I'll see what
else I can come up with.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada