First of all, I thought this is cost was primarily related to blindness GPS
options. Yes, Google maps and Apple maps are free. But there are other factors
to look at when deciding I GPS app. For example, you don't get documentation
with Google maps and Apple maps. You have to learn is you go. The blinders
products such as BlindSquare have a lot of resources to get you up and going.
Some people can learn by trial and error, others cannot.

Sent from my iPhone