Hi Alex,

Yeah, I get the same thing.  My first thought was just that this was part of
the vetting process for new subscribers, because I've only recently rejoined
here.  I don't do this on my Google groups, and as far as I can see all other
GG traffic goes to where it needs to be.  But you might like to ask Cara to
clarify, since I may be wrong about that.

BTW, as a general rule, it's easiest to transfer your "Reputation" by asking
Google to change your email address at your Google account, rather than
unsubscribing and then resubscribing by email.  Yes, this way you must meet the
Google interface, which is of course horrible, but it works well enough to do
this on the Mac, and saves you all the trouble of resubscribing.

Cheers,
Sabahattin