In the app store, you can remove previous apps from your listing to prevent 
that.  Might be Hide, but they can be filtered out.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John D. Lipsey" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 1:48 AM
Subject: question about restoring iPhone from iTunes


Hi all:

Quite recently, today in fact, I had opportunity to DFU my phone.  As you 
may be aware, this resets the phone to factory defaults, installs the 
current public version of iOS, and makes you restore the phone from a 
backup. No problem, I backed up today before this became an issue, so all 
was good.  However, when I restored, all of my folders came over, contents 
exactly where they should be, but I had 4 pages of apps instead of the 2 I 
had when I made the backup.  It turns out the iTunes library has a bunch of 
apps I installed previously on my phone but have since uninstalled.  So once 
the backup was restored, I was then also given all of the apps I didn't want 
on my phone any more.

Is there a way to make iTunes only restore the apps in a particular backup? 
I could have restored from iCloud and just had the apps that were on my 
phone, but this method seemed like it was going to be faster and it probably 
was.  However, deleting 2 pages worth of apps wasn't how I wanted to spend a 
few minutes of my time this afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any help/input.

Best,

-John

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to