I just completed an upgrade to Yosemite from Mavericks on both my MacBook Air
and iMac. I did not do a clean install on either, and have never done a clean
install upgrading all the way from Lion. Both machines are running flawlessly
with Yosemite, and the dreaded VO lag that kept me from upgrading until now has
not been a problem to any degree. Just because some of us are having
difficulties with the upgrade doesn’t mean that no one should upgrade.