Well, after realizing /remembering that vmware had a 30 day free trial, i
decided to take it and just build a vm with that. I’ll call it the evening from
hell, but on the other hand i learned a lot more about how complicated and
annoying vmware fusion was but on the other hand i have my linux vm and a sane
terminal again:P

Thanks to those who were helping me i greatly appreciate the help. I think
before it’s all said and done i’m likely to end up with using the mac guy for
those things that are easier to use there and probably running ssh into my
macbook to do any command line things from there. It seems like the sanest
solution there. I don’t look forward to paying for vmware fusion but on the
other hand, once you get past it’s strange layout  it’s a better choice then
probably any of the other solutions i was debating. There’s not really lag
between the vm and the sound of speak coming through the speakers like i
expected there to be. There’s a slight delay but i’ve seen worse with ssh so i
can live with the slight delay.

deedra waters
dee...@the-brannons.com