Hi Cheryl,

I realize I’m a little late into this thread, but, the message you’re speaking
of here just started pestering me today.  As you’ve mentioned, Window Chooser
and Application chooser gave no results.  For some reason though, pressing
cmd-tab did cycle through to the Adobe Reader update dialog and I was able to
install the update.  Not sure why cmd-tab finds an instance of an application
that App Chooser cannot, but it worked.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada