Your advice is appreciated but if i did that (1) a sighted person would know
business I don't need him/her to know and I might as well just go back to
having a reader go through my mail and do my checks; and (2) I would never get
things done because I usually don't have a sighted person around. I have been
doing my own transactions online without the confirmation of a sighted person
for over ten years - in fact, I do almost all my financial transactions that
way - and have never made a mistake doing it. In fact, my screen reader has
indeed been up to the task as long as I checked everything carefully, be it a
Windows, linux or Mac screenreader. However, I do understand that mistakes can
be made and information may not show up correctly in some instances and I don't
blame or belittle people who wish to use such precautions. However, for me, to
do transactions online would be totally pointless if I had to have a sighted
person okay my decisions for me. Sorry, I know this does sound impatient with
your view; it's not that I don't respect it; I just know that for me it would
put an end to my use of online systems if I followed this advice. But I commend
those who can do this and feel they need to do so for their caution and wisdom
and patience in waiting for sighted help to do these things; if you have doubts
as to your ability or feel you need more practice first or for some reason
don't trust your screenreader or a particular sight, this is indeed a good
idea. But I will have to say that I do not think this is a risky thing for a
blind person with experience to do in most cases.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!