Sorry; perhaps I was not clear. The devices submenu works great, as does
locating backups in Preferences, as described. But I cannot locate the scroll
area which permits choosing backup near the sync button when interfacing with
iTunes without utilizing Preferences or the Devices submenu, as I used to do.
It reads my device name, how much of each type of data exists on the phone, how
much memory I have left, but I do not see the accessibility options, serial
number, ability to back up, etc. in that area no matter how I manipulate
things, and I can’t understand why.