I am also having voiceover dropouts on my Mac running 10.10.2. When I first
upgraded to Yosemite, I did not have these problems.
Then, my drive had a problem, for which it had to go back and get reformatted
and have the whole system reinstalled. I am running a fusion Drive, and the
technician said that the initial set up of my fusion drive by the factory had
been wrong. But I never had any problems until the whole thing died.
Now, since I got the Mac back, with the newly installed system, I have the
problem. And it persisted after the upgrade. Also, I notice I am hearing the
hard drive a lot more. With the old "wrong" set up, I almost never heard the
hard drive. I assumed that was because I have the SSD part of the fusion thing.
I am disgusted with Apple. And I am disgusted with how this whole thing is
going. It worked great when it was set up wrong, That is, until it just died.
Now, the dropouts make using my mac not very much fun at all.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone