Hello,

Have you looked at textedit on your Mac? I see in the preferences  an option to
display html code. I should imagine it will be very much like gedit. It’s been
some years since I looked at Gnome.

I’ve used emacs within a console. It’s just about useable. I haven’t tried vi
for working on code. I think most of these were installed via Mac Ports but
nano is on by default.

VoiceOver is not great in the console and as you are used to working in Gnome I
guess you prefer a GUI. But the languages you suggested are typically very text
orientated.

Did you use orca to access GEdit ? I would checkout the macports project or
brew if you like ruby. But I don’t think there is any mileage in trying to run
Gnome on the Mac.

HTH

Gena