I never used that aspect of it. What I've been able to find, though, is that if
you hit cmd-1 to switch to Day View, you can then use cmd-left/right to move
back and forth by day. Doing this will present a list of events for that day;
VoiceOver will say "list" if there are no events, or read the first event if
there are any. While not as good as a table of all events, which I admit would
be fantastic and is something I wish I'd known about in 10.9, this is at least
better than nothing.