Hello all,
I have taken a break from the list for quite a while but I’m back with a
question about Numbers. When I merge cells, I would like for voiceover to read
the content of the merged cells as I arrow across my table. Right now the
announcement I get is “H1 through K1 added to selection. H1 through K1
selected.” If I use VO and the arrow keys, it reads all cells as blank except
for the leftmost cell, H1, where it reads the text correctly. If I interact
with the merged cells, I can read the contents.

Are there any settings I can adjust so that VO just reads me the contents of
merged cells instead of telling me the range that is highlighted? Keeping the
range announcement is fine but hearing the contents is what I really want.

Thanks for any help.

-Greg