I've been helping a friend add songs to a playlist but something seems to be askew on her Mac Mini. I've been coaching her in using the "Search Music Library" for songs she wants to add to her specific playlist; when she selects the desired song from the resulting list she is placed into her quite extensive music library (over 23,000 items) on the line for that song -- so far, so good -- she then interacts with the "My Music" table, opens the context menu, selects the "Add To Playlist" menu item and moves into the ensuing sub-menu and selects the specific playlist. Here's the issue; when I do this, I get a pleasant sound effect confirming that when I press <RETURN> the song has indeed been added to my desired playlist -- she does not.

I had her open the VoiceOver Utility, select the Sounds Category and make certain the "Mute Sound Effects" checkbox is not checked. It was not so I advised her to check and uncheck it just in case something was awry in the configuration data schemes -- this did not help.

I've since opened the "System Preferences" dialogs for iTunes hoping to find some type of setting that might silence that "Added To Playlist" confirmation sound effect but I've had no success.

Can anybody offer some suggestions or thoughts as to why the confirmation sound effect for successfully adding an item to a playlist is functioning on my Mac Mini and not on hers? We both have 2.6 GB Mac Minis running Yosemite.

There just has to be some setting that I have enabled or she has disabled, other sound effects are working on her Mac.
----
- Bill & Leader Dog Holland
- "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - US Humorist, Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)