Since this was released yesterday, everyone piled onto the Apple servers at once. This is why waiting a day or three works better.

From The Believer. . .
   By way of the Chariots of the
Gods cameth the Aliens who
dwelt amongst the humans,
and bringeth much knowledge.

On 4/9/2015 11:33 AM, Faisal ali wrote:
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I attempted to download and install os 10.10,3. However, the download
was extremely slow and the actual download itself was over 2 gigs. Has anyone
else noticed this? I had to interrupt it as I needed to get to sleep as I had
work in the morning and will try it again when I get home. Interestingly, had
no issues installing IOS 8.3.