OK, I'll have a look.  Would you happen to know how much it costs?

Chris.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil Halton
  To: Macvisionaries
  Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Tools needed for potential authors?

  scrivener is a good and accessible drafting app. It has a built-in tutorial
that will help with the learning curve.

    On Apr 21, 2015, at 5:38 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland
<clgillan...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Guies,

    I have a couple of questions.  First off, I don't think this will
completely become a success quickly, as I fully understand that a lot of work
goes into this, most likely even way more than I right now anticipate.  No
doubt, I'll have a long road ahead of me, if I'm really serious about doing
this, but I am strongly considerring writing an autobiography about myself, as
well as maybe also writing some very short children's stories for young readers.

    My first question is, I'm usually OK with coming up with plot summaries,
however keeping things straight in my head isn't always the easiest for me once
I have the plot decided.  I understand that Microsoft Word's latest preview has
become more accessible with Voiceover, and I also totally get that Pages is
great for writing documents.  I'd not be surprised if it will even let you
create document outlines.  There may even, and probably is, a template that I
could even work from.  Before I even begin writing, I know that the first step
is going to obviously be to get familiar with the software which I'll be using
to write my material.  So, firstly, what I'd like to ask you all is, aside from
Pages and Word, are there any accessible software applications out there for
the mac which are specifically designed not just for word processing, but more
with the emphesis on author publishing?  Like something that would let me weeve
together an outline on one sheet, maybe a table of contents on another sheet,
maybe a rough draft, etc. then basically be able to go through and consolidate
all the different elements that in the long run would make up my final draft
into a single file?

    Again, I know that a good word processor could do this since all I'm really
doing is typing things up in the first respect, however if there was an app
that could help me keep things organized and could maybe even make suggestions
along the way of things I could perhaps include or improve upon to make things
flow better, that would be helpful.  I know that a lot of it is within the
tallent of the author, but surely there has to be something out there that can
at least make the process easier.  I heard of something, but I just don't
recall the name of it, nor do I know if it was accessible.

    The second thing is, once I *do!* get the book into its final draft stages,
yeah, I know, we'll cross that bridge when I get there, but generally speaking,
what's the best, easiest, and cheapest process to go about uploading my book to
be approved by Apple for inclusion within the IBooks store?

    I know there are a few people on this list, Maxwel Ivy I think is one of
them, who are full on authors.  So, I'd like to hear from all of you guys, but
if anyone has actually either written their own material, or has editted the
works of another author and could give me some pointers, I'd be very interested
from a software standpoint to know what needs to happen here to get the ball
rolling on this.  Yes, I am definitely open to learning a new software, as long
as it's not too terribly difficult per sé.

    Thanks for the help.

    Chris.