Dear Anne,

Since you have started using Word, could you - when you have the time - test
out using tables in word?  As I've already reported here, whilst navigating
tables seems very accessible - one doesn't even have to interact with them -
writing text into cells doesn't seem to give us any feedback unless you move
away and back to the cell you are filling.  I've not found a way of calling
microsoft accessibility to let them know.  This is so promising so I don't want
to let it go without a fight.

I also had another experience yesterday using word.  I scanned a document which
had a couple of tables in it.  I thad it converted by FineReader into .rtf
format.  I then opened it in Word and started reading it.  When Voiceover came
across the table, it would just say "table of so many rows and columns" but I
couldn't access it.  I was a bit worried.  But then I had a thought of saving
it into word format in Word.  Luckily Word still has the option to save a
document as.  So I opened the "save as" dialog and when arrowing through the
options of various formats you can save into, I came across the format called
"word document with macros" which has extension .comM.  I saved the document in
the said format and when I started reading it and came to the table, bingo! I
could read the table too.

I wonder what your experiences with this app might be.

Best wishes

Andrew