when you get to preferences you want to go to accounts. after selecting
whatever account you created you can then arrow or tab through the screen name
password and smtp info. on mine the default sound was an air plane taking off
when an email has been sent. did you hear that or some other sound when you
tried sending your test email. in the account settings will be one button in
the advanced tab that says include this mailbox when checking mail. make sure
that one is clicked. i'm sure there are other members who will be able to give
clearer instructions, max

Maxwell Ivey Jr.

phone 979-215-1770

Skype Maxwell Ivey