Ouch! I know you can go to the Safari menu in the menu bar, and there is a clear history, which deletes all cache, history, etc. but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for. I know in the Safari menu, there used to be an option to reset Safari, but I just looked, and no kidding! You're right. In Yosemite, it seems to be gone. What the heck!

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "'Eleanor Roberts' via MacVisionaries" <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 3:36 AM
Subject: Can anyone tell me how to restore/reset Safari on a Mac, as the toolbar seems to have completely disappeared?

Hi all

I’m sending this query on behalf of a friend. He was trying to use Safari on his Mac this morning, went to try and enter a website address, and discovered that the toolbar in Safari on his Mac seems to have completely disappeared. `i’ve tried everything I can think of to see if he can get it back, but nothing’s worked. So wondered if anyone knows how he can restore Safari to it’s original settings/how it should be??

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Eleanor

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.