Intuit has been working on BO compatible for Quicken This might be overkill for
your purposes. If your primary goal is writing checks for bills, then most
banks have a ePay system that can handle payments in a more controlled fashion
than paper checks. The downside, is you need to ensure your system is secure.
.

Jonathan Cohn