I am in the minority here but I would prefer that posts to this list would be
mac related only. There is a list for iDevices. I like to come to the
MacVisionaries list when I have questions or want to learn about the Mac. I do
believe that if the discussion includes the phone but is still related to the
mac than it is OK in my book. For example, if someone has a question on how to
eject their iPhone from iTunes, or how to perform an encrypted backup of their
iPad in iTunes, or even, how do I get my pictures off of my iPhone and onto my
Mac. I realize this could be a gray area but I would personally still prefer
that the macVisionaries list would keep the topics tethered to the Mac and it’s
operating system.It’s really not that different than discussing windows and
VMWare fusion as it relates to the Mac. However, it would be inappropriate for
a discussion to occur how to use Open Book in windows.

Now, where would the appleTV fit in? I don’t know, would that be for the iPhone
discussion list since it is more closely related to the iOS operating system?
The apple TV is definitely not a Mac though.

Christina