Can I ask you to reconsider your need for a download manager?  Safari already
knows how to resume downloads if the server supports it, and using multiple
connections to retrieve a file or files from a server is both inconsiderate and
unlikely to produce meaningful results with today’s operating systems (which
make efficient use of TCP) assuming that the problem isn’t that the server is
imposing artificial limits per connection which your download manager could
theoretically bypass.  About the only cool thing about download managers like
those on Windows was that one could download simultaneously from mirrors of the
same file, which certainly made great use of resources.

This having been said, I don’t personally know of a graphical download manager
for OS X.  You can script a command-line download tool, but that’s probably not
what you’re after (I used GetRight back in the day on Windows myself).