It's a good substitute for cell boosters when you are in the kind of building where the reception isn't so good, but you have good high speed internet available. Now that Sprint has this, I don't have so many problems with broken up calls any more, so it gives the carriers more coverage. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sabahattin Gucukoglu" <listse...@me.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: AT&T launches WiFi calling

Well, if it’s anything like over here, it still suffers from the basic problem that you don’t pay any less for using Wi-Fi. So, unless your carrier has committed to doing VoLTE, Wi-Fi calling is basically a subsidy for ineptitude. I don’t use it, accordingly. I completely understand if some folk have no choice, though. Using VOiP with wideband codecs is, of course, just as effective and often lower cost or free, if not quite as convenient or kind to the battery.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.