Thanks all, will have to review these steps and how to fully delete the
partition as I am thinking that is what caused my severe issues. I spoke to a
fantastic Apple Accessibility guy this morning, really great as we went over
everything I did and the issue of the weird sound that sounded like the turning
of a radio dial and landing on a station that is not there was new to them, but
he was able to hear VO doing it on my computer. Thankfully a Time Machine
restore back to Sept. 28th fixed everything back to the way my computer was
before I installed Capitan some time in October. So now things are running good
on Yosemite. Thanks to all of you who offered advice and helped me out, I
really do appreciate it, and why even though some times we get a lot of crap on
this list I still find it very very valuable.