In my experience, the problems arise under two different circumstances.
Installing a new OS on top of a previous one often causes unpredictable
problems, especially for VoiceOver users. And the other circumstance is where
people get impatient and do things like closing the lid of a laptop or pressing
the power button.
However, I have to say that I’ve seen more trouble with El Capitán than with
any previous OS and I’ve been using VoiceOver since the release of Tiger in
April 2005.

Cheers,

Anne

list.