Hi All,

Audiobook Builder, CheckBook, and CheckBook Pro, all of which are highly
accessible pieces of software made by Splasm Software, have been made free
on the Mac App Store. The reason is that since November 11, there has been
a problem with Mac App Store receipts that has affected many apps, causing
them to crash upon launch.  Splasm Software has made these apps free until
the problem is solved, and has also made it possible to get these apps (for
free) from their onlin web store at:
http://splasm.com/store/

You can read their blog entry describing the issue at:
http://www.splasmata.com/?p=2978

These are excellent, highly accessible apps.  I didn't have problems
launching the CheckBook app purchased from the Mac App Store (for free),
but I already own, and have installed, Audiobook Builder and CheckBook Pro
on my Mac.  Here are the product descriptions for Audiobook Builder and
CheckBook Pro (which is the advanced version of the CheckBook).  I think it
normally lists for $24.95, while Audiobook Builider normally liss for
$4.95.  There are entries for these apps on the AppleVis web site.  I'll
also give the Mac App Store URs but you'll probably want to go directly to
the Splasm Web Site:
http://www.splasm.com/

By the way, these programs will also work on older Macs, since Audiobook
Builder requires Mac OS X 10.5 and above, and the CheckBook afpps require
Mac OS X 10.6 and above.

Audiobook Builder by Splasm Software, Inc. (normally $4.95)
Mac App Store
AppleVis Entry: http://www.applevis.com/apps/mac/lifestyle/audiobook-builder

Audiobook Builder makes it easy to turn your audio CDs and files into
audiobooks for your iPhone, iPod or iPad. Join audio, create enhanced
chapter stops, adjust quality settings and let Audiobook Builder handle the
rest. When it finishes you get one or a few audiobook tracks in iTunes
instead of hundreds or even thousands of music tracks!

Key Features:

• Audio File Joining: Already ripped your CDs to MP3 or M4A? Don't suffer
through it again - drag your audio tracks straight to Audiobook Builder.
There's no need to re-encode M4A or M4B files when they're in the same
format and have a constant bit rate - Audiobook Builder can quickly join
them together.

• Enhanced Chapter Stops: Give your audiobooks that special touch by
grouping audio files into chapters with custom names and artwork. iPod and
iTunes give you controls to move quickly between chapters while playing
your audiobooks.

• Adjustable Quality Settings: Get started with Audiobook Builder's
built-in quality presets or customize the audio settings to your personal
taste.

• iTunes Integration: Drag & drop straight from iTunes to Audiobook Builder
and build directly to the Books section in iTunes.

CheckBook by Splasm Software, Inc.  (normally $14.95)
Mac App Store

ChecBook Pro by Splasm Software, Inc. (normally $24.95)
Mac App Store
AppleVis Entry (only for the Pro
version): http://www.applevis.com/apps/mac/finance/checkbook-pro

Description below is for CheckBook Pro

More than a basic check register and reporting tool, CheckBook Pro features
everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager,
and then some. Get a report for all of your accounts at once. Search for
transactions with any combination of criteria. Group your transactions into
folders. Change the details of a group of transactions in a single stroke.
CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools make it all just
plain easy.

Precisely manage your finances

   - Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search
   criteria
   - Reconcile your accounts to the penny
   - Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and
   paychecks
   - Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see
   where your money came from and where it's going

Pro features

   - Save complex searches as Smart Folders, so you can search again and
   again
   - Group your transactions into Folders, to tidy up or begin a new year
   - Quickly change the details for a group of transactions, instead of one
   at a time
   - Report on all your accounts at the same time
   - See pending scheduled transactions for all your accounts with a single
   reminder

Import from other personal finance apps or your bank

   - Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
   - Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac

Share and sync your data

   - Sync with other users on a local network
   - Sync with iCloud, when used on OS X Mountain Lion and purchased from
   the Mac App Store

And more

   - Manage accounts in multiple currencies
   - Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions

HTH.  I've posted this as an App Deal on AppleVis with links to the product
page entries there

Esther

list.