John, I wouldn’t really go Mini unless you have a specific reason.  By the time
you add the monitor and keyboard and other items you don’t save much and I’m
not sure what you gain but maybe you have a specialized application that
requires this so I’m happy to be corrected.

I myself like the Macbook Pro line if you want a laptop.  This gives you lots
of horse power for that audio editing and running virtual machines and you can
take the memory up as well.  I would suggest at least 8GB if you want to run
more than one virtual machine at a time.  If you just want a single windows
instance and nothing tricky you can certainly do it with less but I find once
you start one you want more and I run all sorts of operating systems so you may
wish to consider doubling down on the RAM.
        All the other stuff you want to do should be no problem with the lower
end devices.  The AIR is nice and thin but it’s not a huge power house although
it’s by no means weak.  It’s just on the lower end of the product line in terms
of power but it’s a great solution for it’s size and weight.

list.