I have to wonder if Apple is really planning on changing the headphone jack.  I
also wonder if the eventual iPhone 7 will come complete with the necessary
audio jack adapter included?

But the bottom line to me is  this, if Apple does incorporate an alternative
connection to the current jack do people truly believe it is only to pry
additional dollars from the pockets of a remarkably loyal customer base?  Or,
as I personally believe to be the case, to provide a technically superior
feature?

I have no reason nor evidence to believe that Apple is foolish enough to make a
technical alteration solely for the purpose of forcing loyal customers to be
required to part with additional monies.  For my money, if Apple alters the
headphone jack I audio believe they are doing to offer an improved experience.
I recall when the 35 MM jack was introduced several decades ago, the proponents
of the formerly preponderant quarter inch jack likewise protested (although not
quite so loudly).  For my money, I’ll patiently wait to see what Apple has
indeed done and pass judgment after experiencing what most likely be an
improvement.

————
Bill & Leader Dog Holland

wfgal...@icloud.com