Hello,
I am running El Capitan with time machine and SuperDuper!. I have 4 bootable
partitions:
- mac hd containing the latest release level of El Capitan
- snapshot containing the latest public beta of ElCapitan
- mac backup on an external disk containing the latest backup of mac hd
- recovery partition as provided by Apple

I normally boot the snapshot partition, but occasionally this stops working due
to a beta install problem. I thus reboot my iMac by pressing the start button
while holding down the option key on the keyboard for about a minute. This
displays a list of bootable partitions and I can choose the desired partition
by using the cursor left and right arrow keys and can then press Enter to boot
with that partition. The problem is that there is no VoiceOver at this time so
I do not know where the desired partition is in the list of partitions. At this
point I normally seek help from my sighted wife!

Is there any rationale for the order in which the bootable partitions are
displayed? I hoped they are displayed in alphabetical order but that does not
seem to be so. Also does anyone know whether the arrow keys wrap while arrowing
across this list? For example can I press the left arrow key say ten times and
be assured that I finish up on the left most partition in the partition list?

To summarise how can I choose the desired bootable partition from the partition
list without the need for sighted help?

Many thanks for any tips….

Paul Hopewell

list.