I don't know if you have an Apple Watch, but if you do, you can supplement
BlindSquare with it. It gives you tactile turning directions (2 vibrates
for right, 10 for left). It also vibrates in a different pattern when you
arrive at your destination. You have to use this in conjunction with Apple
Maps.

Molly Watts, a deafblind woman in the UK, writes a bit about this feature:
http://www.mollywatt.com/blog/entry/my-apple-watch-after-5-days

Good luck with your interview!

Best,
Cristina