no, I was referring  o the dictation commands that are now available under
accessibility. These types of functions have been available for the Macintosh
for twenty years.

You can add additional commands by using the automator. So for example if you
had the automator run my AppleScript to hide the preview pane, then you could
click the dictation shortcut and say hide preview pane and voila it would be
gone!

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 09:46, Jessica Moss <junglebookfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, are you referring to intellitalk, that I think was a word processor
> program, that had extremely normal-sounding speech, but was slow as ever?  I
> loved that as opposed to prowords, that worked with the echo, and so did one
> of my classmates, so it was kind of a battle over it, and the only drawback I
> found with it, was you had to have help getting it up and runing, and it
> always had to catch up when you typed.
>  I wasn’t sure though, if it came with the mac, or if you had to purchase it
> separately.
>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Cohn <jon.c.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The spoken interface actually dated back to the v7 days. When UUNET got
>> Macintosh computers for the sales staff in 94-95 there was already the
>> ability to give spoken commands and get responses. And in fact if you
>> remember from the Steve Jobs movie even the first Macintosh ad MacSpeech
>> which never left the system, but was not very functional beyond saying
>> “Do you want to play a game”.
>>

>>> On Mar 13, 2016, at 19:07, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <listse...@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> There was also a “Spoken Interface Preview”, which was the precursor to
>>> VoiceOver, introduced as a separate download for Mac OS X 10.3.
>>>
>>> Leopard was when things really started to shape up, and when Alex was
>>> introduced.  It’s when I jumped on board the Macintosh train for sure.

>>> Visionaries list.

>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>>> ---

>> Visionaries list.

>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>> ---

> list.

> ---

list.