Vaughn I would highly recommend the Apple watch as well.  To anyone else
interested I was highly skeptical at first.  Figured it wouldn’t be much use if
the watch couldn’t be used independent of the phone.  I was wrong!  I find I
like getting my quick notifications on my watch, I love having the vibration
feedback, the range from the watch to the phone is excellent so I can cover a
several thousand SQFT office that’s a section of a huge glass and steel
building with no problem.  I know for example if I’m getting texted or called
while in a meeting but don’t have to disturb others.
        The work out tracking is fantastic and the little pokes and prods to be
moving and active I really find useful and helpful in the health department.
        You can remote control things like your TV and audio if you have Apple
TV or your phone wired in to your audio etc, and you can place and receive
calls even with out a phone as long as the watch can join a WiFi network that
your phone or other devices have joined before.  So it does have some stand
alone functionality.  I say run and don’t walk and buy an Apple watch if you
can.  I like the larger 42MM model but go with what you can afford and with
what feels like it fits your style and use case the best.

Good luck.

> On Apr 3, 2016, at 7:23 PM, Vaughn Brown <jazzdress...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Alex,
>
> Thank you for sharing this article. It was precise in detail. I've
> been thinking about getting one, but like you at one time, do not have
> the money for it.
> I really like the sound of the fitness tracker.
>
> Vaughn
>
> On 4/3/16, Alex Hall <mehg...@icloud.com> wrote:
>> Here's my post on the Apple Watch. This was written before I got my own
>> Watch, but it still applies. I talk about what I love, like, and don't like,
>> and why I find the Watch useful. I'd add the playback remote for iOS to the
>> list of features I use, but aside from that, the post is still pretty
>> accurate.
>>
>> http://www.applevis.com/blog/apple-watch-opinion/apple-watch-weekend-initial-impressions-watch-long-time-holdout
>>> On Apr 3, 2016, at 15:35, Marie Lyons <mlyons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is in relation to the Apple watch. I am wondering what it does and
>>> why you all like it so much. I’d like to know before I look at one in the
>>> Apple store.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Marie Lyons

>>> Visionaries list.

>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the
>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>
>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>>> ---

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex Hall
>> mehg...@icloud.com

>> Visionaries list.

>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara

>> ---

> Vaughn Brown
> Berklee College of Music Graduate, Bachelor in Music, Drummer, educator
> 504-202-8492
> http://www.vaughnbrown.net

> list.

> ---