Are you getting an error? I am pasting a code snippet I used to move the VO
cursor to the sound menu extra a while back. I gave up on the script because I
wanted to option click the sound menu, but could not get that step to work.

tell application "VoiceOver"
        tell vo cursor
                output "Looking for sound menu extra..."
                move to menu extras
                delay 0.5
                set info to ""

                repeat until info contains "Sound"
                        move right
                        delay 0.75
                        set info to text under cursor

                end repeat
                if info contains "Sound" then
                        perform action
                        delay 0.1
End Tell
End Tell

Reviewing this code, I believe it actually clicks the menu (perform action) .

Another thing you might look at is the text library.

I believe you should be able to do something like:
select the first paragraph that contains "#"

Were you using the VoiceOver find or the application find?

Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

> On 10 May 2016, at 21:03, Brandon A. Olivares <thepianist2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m trying to use Applescript to enter the voiceover find dialog (vo-f),
> enter some text, and then hit return to try to find that text.
>
> I can’t seem to figure it out. With system events, I successfully got the
> voiceover dialog up, but can’t search for anything.
>
> I need to search for the character #.
>
> Any idea how I can do this?
>
> Brandon

> list.