NFB does not actually try to push people toward JAWS and Windows.  Their
Macintosh/VO review was a pathetic example of poor journalism but they do and
say rather mean things about lots of other products from FS and elsewhere.

At one NFB convention, because OpenBook had fewer features in the Spanish
edition than the English, FS, our CEO Lee Hamilton, Eric Damery VP/Software
Product Management, Glen Gordon the Cto and me then VP/Software Engineering
were officially, "condemned and deplored" by the NFB membership during the
convention.  As all of us worked insanely long hours, skipped vacations, worked
while sick to make our products as good as we could given various restraints,
being condemned and deplored by the largest consumer group was really quite
painful.

I have lots of other opinions about various aspects of NFB but I can say that
Dr. Mark Mauerer, NFB President and a really smart attorney and expert in
judicial theory, really helped me out when I needed a buffer between me and the
FS legal team.

cdh