If its a Voiceover issue then bring up Voiceover Utility and on the menu bar, under File you will find "Reset all Voiceover preferences". If that does not do it, try this.

   Resetting PRAM.

Shut down.
Locate following keys on keyboard:
  Option-Cmd-P-R
Hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

Turn Mac on.
Immediately press and hold the four keys. You must press this key combination before the black screen with Apple logo appears.

Continue holding keys until Mac restarts, and you hear startup sound for second time.

Release keys.
After resetting PRAM, you may need to update your speaker volume, display resolution, and startup disk preferences.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com