  From: Scott Granados
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 8:19 AM
  Subject: Re: My Time Ran Out, I Took It Back

  Arnold, you never stood a chance.  You can’t learn an operating system in 2
weeks, thinking you could was unreasonable.  I wouldn’t even undertake such a
thing with a limited time frame like that ant ai have 35 years of computer
experience.  Also, you went in to it with the wrong mindset. I remember the
first posts you had set up for failure on day 1.  It’s like learning a
language, you can’t learn it word by word or just in dribs and drabs, the only
real way to learn is full emersion.  If I were learning French I’d head to
France and plop down in the middle of the country where i didn’t have a choice.
 Same with computing.  When you decide to learn a new operating system you have
to cut your self off from the old.  You have to build up all new muscle memory
for keyboard commands.  I’d say 10 to 1 you kept issuing windows type keyboard
commands on the Mac and introducing problems not for anything you are doing
wrong just because you’re new and have built up years of muscle memory for
commands in Windows.
  You also didn’t value learning the Mac.  You mentioned several times even in
your first post that you wouldn’t gain anything.  So in the end I’m not sure
why you bothered.  That’s like walking in to the job interview, telling your
self you’re not going to get the job anyway and then living up to your
expectations.:)  If you ever try this again with any platform don’t limit
yourself to an unreasonable amount of time.  Maybe try an operating system like
a Linux variant or something with is totally free out of the box, won’t cause
any financial pressure and you can dedicate to it with out other distractions
like worrying about the costs. No matter what, good job or giving it a crack.
It’s good to push the boundaries and I’m glad you gave it a shot.

  P.S. Stay away from Costco.  They totally screwed that migration from Amex.
I canceled my membership because of the sloppy rollout.