Hi,

I cannot comment on VM-ware fusion per say as I don't use it myself.  But, I
have heard quite a number of people,  both in this community, and the sighted
community speak very highly of it.  Regarding a Fusion drive vs a regular
spinning drive, you will notice a considerable performance difference.  All the
System files and those which are access often, are normally placed on the SSD
or Flash portion of the fusion array, giving you extremely fast access rates.
When I created my personal Fusion drive both on my MacBook Pro and my home
MacPro, the performance improvements were very noticeable.  I'd say to the
factor of three to five times in some situations.  for example, from power up
to the Login screen takes five to seven seconds with the new Fusion setup,
whereas it took 30 to 40 seconds with just a spinning drive.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada