I haven't tried this at all so I am just providing a reasonably well educated
guess based on what we did to get JAWS to work with MS Access:

The table view was, in our case, already pretty accessible but we had to label
some graphics and put in some scripts to read the column headers.  We may have
had to script to handle the table navigation as it was quite different from
Excel or html tables.  If FileMaker uses the standard Cocoa table control or if
it added the Accessibility API code to make it act like a standard table then
you are in luck - this is much more likely on Macintosh than Windows as the
accessibility API is really not at all hard to use.

In the data entry screens, we found ways that controls and such could be placed
on the screen in which they would act like standard controls and moving between
fields worked like one would expect.  This aspect was a very inexact science
and a lot of trial and error was necessary but we were able to give guidelines
to people who wanted to use Access.

The query tables were a sort of mixture of entry forms  and tables.  Again,
trial and error got us their.

Then, JAWS 4.0 came out and broke Access for our users and some still use JAWS
3.7U as it was the best solution for Access and they'll use current JAWS for
everything else.

This is a bit embarrassing but it's the way things went.

To summarize, you can probably get FileMaker to work with VO with a little
guesswork and a bit of luck if it doesn't just work out of the box.

cdh