Hi,

According to my research, this Terminal command is supposed to accomplish what
you're wishing for:

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeFancyURLCompletionList -bool
NO

The problem is, it doesn't appear to stop the Auto Complete action.  Using
Terminal to read the Safari defaults:

defaults read com.apple.safari

shows that this Auto Complete line is not present in the plist file before
initiating the command but is present after.  It still doesn't seem to make a
difference though.  Apple likely has some reason why they've removed this
option, but it doesn't seem to be enough of an issue to have much noise on the
web.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Jul 24, 2016, at 20:55, E.T. <ancient.ali...@icloud.com> wrote:

Mark,
  I had no luck researching this online so perhaps Apple will even tell us how
to do this. There are times we do not need autofill or autocomplete.

>From E.T.'s Keyboard...
 Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 7/24/2016 6:45 PM, M. Taylor wrote:
> Hello E.T.,
>
> Yeah, after reading Dan's message, that was the only question I had, also.
> (smile).
>
> As for me, I will definitely suggest to Apple that this feature be restored.
>
> I find it difficult to believe that such a basic feature would be removed.
> Some things just don't make sense, not in the slightest.
>
> Sometimes it feels as though every time we take one step forward, in one area
> of the OS, we take two steps backwards, in another.
>
> This is probably not a fair sentiment but, nevertheless, it seems that way to
> me, at times.
>
> Mark

list.

<Ancient_Aliens.vcf>