This may be something I am doing wrong but in Word when I use VO T to get text
attributes I can't determine the alignment or style, only the font and size.
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Larry Thacker Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:11 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Using MS Word and Excel on the Mac

I have recently made the switch myself.  I don’t use Excel regularly but I do
use Word.  The good news is that all of the familiar formatting tools and
tricks are available on the Mac version.  The Bad news is you may have trouble
figuring out how to get at them.  On the one hand Microsoft may be applauded
for recognizing that Mac users who are used to the way it works will expect the
same behavior from any program running on it.  On the other hand, those of us
who are used to the way it works in Windows and have perhaps customized it to
our way of working will have a harder time making the adjustment.  What I miss
most are the shortcuts I used.  The Ribbon on the Mac is not quite the same and
doesn’t have the same level of hotkey access.  You do get some of the
navigation that’s more familiar, but I have had a very annoying problem with
losing Voiceover focus when going from page to page and especially after
performing some function that required going to the ribbon.  VO lands in the
header region of the document and does not keep your place when you get back to
the body.  Maybe there is something a more experienced Mac user can tell me
that would help with that.  Still I find it more familiar and straightforward
to use than Pages, though that may be due to lack of familiarity with Pages.
Having said all of that, I am still glad to have left Windows behind and have
no plans for going back.  Now in a couple of weeks when I need to do another
outline, that may test my resolve.

> On Aug 10, 2016, at 5:03 PM, Jenine Stanley <dragonwalke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’d like to hear experiences using the current versions, Office 2016, of Word
> and Excel with El Capitan. I’m considering switching over to a Mac for work
> and those are the programs I use most often.
> Jenine Stanley
> dragonwalke...@gmail.com

> list.

> ---