HI All,

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Also, my good wishes go out to those in Italy and their families.

Okay, so I shared a file with myself, using the Messages app. I wanted to
simply save this file to my Mac from within the Messages app.

I.E. I received this file on my Mac and want to save this file from within the
message.

I have done this before with files but for some reason Voiceover and the Mac
seem to be behaving like PITAs for me today. :) So I am wondering if I have
missed a step or something here.

I see the message with the attached file. Voiceover sees this as a group with
which I can interact.

I interact with the group and then see the file name and extension both also
shown as groups. If I interact again, each of these groups are just shown as
text titles. I.E. I only see the title of the file or the title of the
extension. (which is in this case, txt)

I have tried doing VO space at each level of interaction and have also tried
bringing up a context menu (with VO shift m) and only see the option to clear
my chat.

I have also tried routing the mouse to the particular group and clicking /
double clicking my trackpad and also no luck there either.

Lastly, I have tried using VO shift space and the only way I can get anything
to happen here is to do this twice. I.E. to simulate a double click with
Voiceover.

When I do this, QuickLook comes up and I only have sharing options and the
option to open in Text Edit. I have no option to simply save the file.

In this case, I did open the file in Text Edit and then saved it but this seems
like a ridiculous amount of work just to save a text file from a message.

What am I missing here?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks so much to you all and I hope you are having a great day!

Cheers!

Cara
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/models/Cara-Quinn

Follow me on Twitter!