Sometimes I get this message after booting El Capitan. I have to force a shut down as I cannot access the menu bar to do a restart and if I try to invoke the Application Chooser, that is when I hear the above message. What causes this and can it be fixed?

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com