Hmmm. Well there are many many things I could stand to do without. I cannot get rid of it so I just sweep past them.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 9/22/2016 2:47 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:
It's not the end of the world, but the lower part of the screen on the iPhone
is kind of dominated by those buttons.  And, speaking only for myself,  I can't
imagine why I would ever use the messaging apps button, so would love to have
the option to just make it go away.  That said, Anders's suggestion did work,
it's just that the text field is smaller and harder to find.
Cheers,
Donna