When we got Verizon service last year they required us to get their
router / modem combo. does anybody know what flavor of 802.11 their routers
support? I would be thinking my 6 year old Airport Extreme 802.11N (first gen
with N ) would be outperformed by Verizon's latest greatest router, but I get
shxx poor performance when my Mac's attempt to connect to the v*5X wireless lan
in the house. Should I attempt to do some wireless tuning, or just expect the
old AirPort Extreme is really better.

Thanks,
,  wireless.

Jonathan Cohn