I locate the mailboxes table with VO left and right arrow with no problem.

I hardly use the tab and shift key when operating mail.  It's always vo left
arrow or VO right arrow.

I don't even use the command J for jump either.  I work in the modern view and
just expand messages and read that way.

Kawal.