These are the steps I intend to follow to do a clean install of Sierra on my
MacBook Air. If anyone sees a problem in these steps would you please let me
know? For example, is it necessary to first D authorize my computer in iTunes
to avoid problems

One. I have installed Sierra over the top of my Yosemite OS.
Two. I have backed up my machine.
Three. I will boot into the recovery mode and, using disk utility, I will erase
and reformat the "Macintosh HD" partition using Mack OS extended journaled as
the disk format.
Four. I will quit disk utility, and still in the recovery mode, select
reinstall OS, And follow the install prompts.
Five. I will reinstall Dropbox and other apps, and reset system settings to my
liking.
The overlay of Sierra on top of Yosemite actually works quite well, and seems
to be without problems, except that the machine seems to heat up more than it
used to. Also, I have never done a clean install since I got this air with the
lion OS and so thought it might be a good idea to do a clean install for once.

Sent from my IPhone