Depending on what you’re running on the Mac side.  Just understand the more
cores you assign to the VM the less power the Mac side will share in.  In
effect you’re just prioritizing the scheduling of your VM higher than the
native Mac side.  You can always reduce the core count if you run in to
difficulty so there’s no harm in trying.  I would and see how things work.