From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Erkens
Sent: Friday, 18 December 2009 7:44 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: vmware and key combinations

Hi all,

I installed vm ware a few days ago, but I am not happy with it. The keys I
press don't do what they normally do in windows, and obviously there are
good reasons for it. I checked the vm ware website, but there is only a half

accessible pdf file, that doesn't contain the info I need.

I alt plus tab a lot in windows. However, the command tab combination from
within windows in vm ware, takes me to the mac os, and back, rather than
switching from program to program inside vm's virtual machine. What can I do

to set command plus tab to do an alt plus tab inside vm ware?

2. How do I simulate the application key? The mac has none.

3. How should I simulate a shift plus f10? Simply presing this combination
stops windows from responding, inside vm ware. Do we press another key to
simulate a shift f10?

4. It seems that voice over must be turned off, before starting windows in
vm ware. This is said to be true starting in vm ware fusion version 3. At
what point should I do this?

5. Is it easiest to run windows inside vm ware in a normal window, or rather

full screen?

Interested to know.
Best,
Paul.